Central departments spent Rs 35K cr under SC/ST Sub-Plan in 2013-14
New Delhi: The government`s 25 ministries and department spent Rs 35,800.60 crore last fiscal under Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) Sub-Plan, which is meant for welfare of these communities, Parliament was informed on Thursday.
However, the government had allocated Rs 41,561.13 crore under the SC/ST Sub-Plan for the central ministries for 2013-14, Planning Minister Rao Inderjit Singh said in a written reply to Rajya Sabha.
According to Singh, certain schemes to provide universal coverage for example, village electrification, benefit all poor households including SC/ST families and bifurcation of allocation made on the basis of caste and gender is not possible under such programmes.
"Therefore, for schemes which have universal coverage, ministries are finding it difficult to fully utilise funds earmarked under SC/ST Sub-Plan," the minister said.
He said this in reply to a query on the amount that has been actually utilised during the last three years under the SC/ST sub-plan and the reason for non-utilisation of entire allocated funds.
He further stated that the remaining ministries are not allocating funds for SC/ST Sub-Plan as they are covered under the exempted category as per the recommendation of a task force constituted by the Planning Commission.
In 2012-13, the central ministries and departments utilised Rs 28,218.81 crore against the allocation of Rs 37,113.03 crore for the purpose.
Similarly, an amount of Rs 31,555.66 crore was allocated for 2011-12 whereas Rs 29,940.78 was spent by the central ministries and departments in this regard, the House was told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department