Central package for modernising police in Arunachal
Itanagar: The government on Saturday said a central package was in the offing for modernising police forces in Arunachal Pradesh`s Tirap and Changlang districts, bordering Nagaland and Myanmar.
"A special central package is in the offing for modernising police forces in Tirap and Changlang...The union home ministry has already sanctioned setting up of more police stations and recruitment of police," Union Home Minister P Chidambaram told a press conference here.
"Besides, CRPF were being inducted to counter insurgent activities," he said after attending a review meeting on security situation of the state.
The Arunachal Pradesh government has already started the process of recruitment for 1,526 police personnel for both the districts and their training process would start from July 2.
"Of the total sanctioned strength, 400 policemen will be promoted from the existing force, while the rest will be recruited. The state government is undertaking the recruitment process in phased manner," he said.
When his attention was drawn to the reported turf war between NSCN(IM) and NSCN(K) in both the districts, Chidambaram said the ceasefire agreement with the Naga outfit did not extend to Arunachal Pradesh and the state government could take stern action against the cadres of both the factions.
"They (NSCN factions) are fighting among themselves to eliminate both...If they try to make people suffer due to their infighting, our forces will take firm action," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview