Central package for modernising police in Arunachal
Itanagar: The government on Saturday said a central package was in the offing for modernising police forces in Arunachal Pradesh`s Tirap and Changlang districts, bordering Nagaland and Myanmar.
"A special central package is in the offing for modernising police forces in Tirap and Changlang...The union home ministry has already sanctioned setting up of more police stations and recruitment of police," Union Home Minister P Chidambaram told a press conference here.
"Besides, CRPF were being inducted to counter insurgent activities," he said after attending a review meeting on security situation of the state.
The Arunachal Pradesh government has already started the process of recruitment for 1,526 police personnel for both the districts and their training process would start from July 2.
"Of the total sanctioned strength, 400 policemen will be promoted from the existing force, while the rest will be recruited. The state government is undertaking the recruitment process in phased manner," he said.
When his attention was drawn to the reported turf war between NSCN(IM) and NSCN(K) in both the districts, Chidambaram said the ceasefire agreement with the Naga outfit did not extend to Arunachal Pradesh and the state government could take stern action against the cadres of both the factions.
"They (NSCN factions) are fighting among themselves to eliminate both...If they try to make people suffer due to their infighting, our forces will take firm action," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack