Central package for modernising police in Arunachal
Itanagar: The government on Saturday said a central package was in the offing for modernising police forces in Arunachal Pradesh`s Tirap and Changlang districts, bordering Nagaland and Myanmar.
"A special central package is in the offing for modernising police forces in Tirap and Changlang...The union home ministry has already sanctioned setting up of more police stations and recruitment of police," Union Home Minister P Chidambaram told a press conference here.
"Besides, CRPF were being inducted to counter insurgent activities," he said after attending a review meeting on security situation of the state.
The Arunachal Pradesh government has already started the process of recruitment for 1,526 police personnel for both the districts and their training process would start from July 2.
"Of the total sanctioned strength, 400 policemen will be promoted from the existing force, while the rest will be recruited. The state government is undertaking the recruitment process in phased manner," he said.
When his attention was drawn to the reported turf war between NSCN(IM) and NSCN(K) in both the districts, Chidambaram said the ceasefire agreement with the Naga outfit did not extend to Arunachal Pradesh and the state government could take stern action against the cadres of both the factions.
"They (NSCN factions) are fighting among themselves to eliminate both...If they try to make people suffer due to their infighting, our forces will take firm action," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'