Central univs asked to launch drive to fill vacant posts
New Delhi: With scores of posts sanctioned for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes vacant in several universities, the HRD ministry has written to all central universities to launch a special drive to fill them.
This was stated by Minister of State for HRD Shashi Tharoor in response to a question in Parliament.
"UGC, while approving the budget estimates for 2011-12, had directed the central universities to fill up the vacant posts at the earliest," Tharoor said.
As per the data provided by Tharoor, Aligarh Muslim University has 283 positions for Scheduled castes but only one of them is filled while not one of the 142 sanctioned posts for Scheduled Tribes has been filled.
In Banaras Hindu University, out of sanctioned 362 posts for SCs, only 115 had been filled while of the 181 sanctioned posts for STs, only 30 have been filled.
In the University of Delhi, 211 posts for SCs and 114 for STs were yet to be filled while in Jawahar Lal University (JNU), 85 posts for SCs and 46 for STs were unfilled.
Among many others in the Central University of Kerala, there were 19 unfilled seats for SCs and 10 for STs, as per details provided by the minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arun Jaitley's non-participation in SAARC won't matter, says Pak minister — Know what he said
- Live cricket score, live streaming: 2nd ODI - England v Pakistan at Lord's
- Acute Zika infection may damage sensory nerves
- Day after being sacked as AAP's Punjab convener, Sucha Singh Chhotepur calls for CBI probe
- Coal scam: Ex-Coal Secy says, don't want advocate whose fee I cannot pay; will face trial from jail