Centre a `captive` of corporates: Brinda Karat
Madurai: CPI(M) Polit Buro member Brinda
Karat has charged that the Central government is a "captive"
in the hands of the corporate sector, and said people must
fight against the government`s new economic policies which she
said were mainly responsible for corruption.
Karat said the nation`s economy was saved during the recent
global recession because of the strength of the public sector
banking and insurance sectors, and now attempts were being
made to bring in foreign direct investment in the two sectors.
Addressing the meeting of the 55th Annual conference of
Life Insurance Corporation Employees` Union of Madurai
Division yesterday, she also expressed happiness about
anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare ending his fast over the
Hazare had played "a significant role in turning the
anti-corruption movement into a people`s movement which
highlighted the anger of the common man against corruption at
all levels," Karat said.
The Prime Minister, MPs and Grade A officers should be
brought under ambit of the Lokpal Bill, Karat said.
She claimed that the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata
Party were planning a consensus bills to privatise banking and
insurance sectors and increase foreign direct investment,
calling it "unfortunate".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!