Centre a `captive` of corporates: Brinda Karat
Madurai: CPI(M) Polit Buro member Brinda
Karat has charged that the Central government is a "captive"
in the hands of the corporate sector, and said people must
fight against the government`s new economic policies which she
said were mainly responsible for corruption.
Karat said the nation`s economy was saved during the recent
global recession because of the strength of the public sector
banking and insurance sectors, and now attempts were being
made to bring in foreign direct investment in the two sectors.
Addressing the meeting of the 55th Annual conference of
Life Insurance Corporation Employees` Union of Madurai
Division yesterday, she also expressed happiness about
anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare ending his fast over the
Hazare had played "a significant role in turning the
anti-corruption movement into a people`s movement which
highlighted the anger of the common man against corruption at
all levels," Karat said.
The Prime Minister, MPs and Grade A officers should be
brought under ambit of the Lokpal Bill, Karat said.
She claimed that the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata
Party were planning a consensus bills to privatise banking and
insurance sectors and increase foreign direct investment,
calling it "unfortunate".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India