Centre acting like `puppet` of corporates: AITUC
Thiruvananthapuram: The AITUC on Sunday charged
the UPA Government at the Centre with giving into pressures
from big business corporate houses instead of trying to
alleviate sufferings of the masses hit hard by price rise.
The Centre was functioning like a "puppet" in the hands of
the business monopolies and industrial corporates "dictating"
economic and labour policies to the peril of the common
people, AITUC General Secretary Gurudas Dasgupta said here.
Addressing a convention of Air India Air Transport
Services Limited Employees Union here, the CPI leader said the
mainstream media in the country were also "turning a blind
eye" to burning issues like price rise by giving prominence to
issues like fluctuations of the stock market.
He urged the trade unions to organise joint resistances
against the government`s moves to "curtail" the rights and
privileges of trade unions.
The Central trade unions should pay greater attention to
the problems of workers in the unorganised sector, he said.
AITUC state general secretary Kanam Rajendran was among
the leaders who addressed the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...