Centre acting like `puppet` of corporates: AITUC
Thiruvananthapuram: The AITUC on Sunday charged
the UPA Government at the Centre with giving into pressures
from big business corporate houses instead of trying to
alleviate sufferings of the masses hit hard by price rise.
The Centre was functioning like a "puppet" in the hands of
the business monopolies and industrial corporates "dictating"
economic and labour policies to the peril of the common
people, AITUC General Secretary Gurudas Dasgupta said here.
Addressing a convention of Air India Air Transport
Services Limited Employees Union here, the CPI leader said the
mainstream media in the country were also "turning a blind
eye" to burning issues like price rise by giving prominence to
issues like fluctuations of the stock market.
He urged the trade unions to organise joint resistances
against the government`s moves to "curtail" the rights and
privileges of trade unions.
The Central trade unions should pay greater attention to
the problems of workers in the unorganised sector, he said.
AITUC state general secretary Kanam Rajendran was among
the leaders who addressed the meeting.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...