Centre adopting casual attitude towards J&K, Northeast: Naqvi
Rampur: BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday accused the Central government of adopting a "casual attitude" towards problems in trouble torn Jammu and Kashmir
and the North-eastern states.
Naqvi told reporters that instead of taking a casual attitude, the Centre should realise that violence in these areas was dangerous for the country`s security and unity.
The BJP national vice-president warned the government that if youths were ignored for long, the situation may take a very ugly turn and even go beyond control.
Naqvi, a Rajya Sabha member, said the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act was being misused by the Mayawati government in Uttar Pradesh to settle political scores.
He claimed that every month about 8,000 cases were being registered under the Act of 1989 meant to protect the lot of the exploited sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt