Centre adopting casual attitude towards J&K, Northeast: Naqvi
Rampur: BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday accused the Central government of adopting a "casual attitude" towards problems in trouble torn Jammu and Kashmir
and the North-eastern states.
Naqvi told reporters that instead of taking a casual attitude, the Centre should realise that violence in these areas was dangerous for the country`s security and unity.
The BJP national vice-president warned the government that if youths were ignored for long, the situation may take a very ugly turn and even go beyond control.
Naqvi, a Rajya Sabha member, said the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act was being misused by the Mayawati government in Uttar Pradesh to settle political scores.
He claimed that every month about 8,000 cases were being registered under the Act of 1989 meant to protect the lot of the exploited sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt
- Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra's sizzling chemistry in 'Baar Baar Dekho' is making us crazy!