Centre adopting casual attitude towards J&K, Northeast: Naqvi
Rampur: BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday accused the Central government of adopting a "casual attitude" towards problems in trouble torn Jammu and Kashmir
and the North-eastern states.
Naqvi told reporters that instead of taking a casual attitude, the Centre should realise that violence in these areas was dangerous for the country`s security and unity.
The BJP national vice-president warned the government that if youths were ignored for long, the situation may take a very ugly turn and even go beyond control.
Naqvi, a Rajya Sabha member, said the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act was being misused by the Mayawati government in Uttar Pradesh to settle political scores.
He claimed that every month about 8,000 cases were being registered under the Act of 1989 meant to protect the lot of the exploited sections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster