‘Centre adopting “double standard” over Lokpal’
Bangalore: The BJP on Thursday accused the UPA
government of adopting "double standard" over the Jan Lokpal
Bill and said it did not consult the opposition regarding the
"The UPA government adopted double standard on the bill.
It did not consult the opposition so far," senior BJP leader
Venkiah Naidu told reporters on the sidelines of a function
He said the party will meet in Delhi tomorrow to decide
its stand on the Bill ahead of an all-party meeting called by
the Centre on July 3.
Naidu urged the Centre to provide his party the agenda
for the all-party meeting.
On JD(S) chief H D Devegowda`s demand for a CBI probe
into the allegations of illegal wealth amassed by his family
and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and some
other ministers, Naidu said, "Let JD(S) first respond to the
`charge sheet` published by BJP."
The state unit of BJP on June 28 had released what it
called a "charge sheet" against the opposition parties in AP,
alleging that the estimated worth of the known assets of
Gowda`s family alone was over Rs 1,500 crore.
Naidu said the opposition has been making "baseless"
allegations against Yeddyurappa and asked them to await the
court verdict on cases filed against the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues