‘Centre adopting “double standard” over Lokpal’
Bangalore: The BJP on Thursday accused the UPA
government of adopting "double standard" over the Jan Lokpal
Bill and said it did not consult the opposition regarding the
"The UPA government adopted double standard on the bill.
It did not consult the opposition so far," senior BJP leader
Venkiah Naidu told reporters on the sidelines of a function
He said the party will meet in Delhi tomorrow to decide
its stand on the Bill ahead of an all-party meeting called by
the Centre on July 3.
Naidu urged the Centre to provide his party the agenda
for the all-party meeting.
On JD(S) chief H D Devegowda`s demand for a CBI probe
into the allegations of illegal wealth amassed by his family
and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa and some
other ministers, Naidu said, "Let JD(S) first respond to the
`charge sheet` published by BJP."
The state unit of BJP on June 28 had released what it
called a "charge sheet" against the opposition parties in AP,
alleging that the estimated worth of the known assets of
Gowda`s family alone was over Rs 1,500 crore.
Naidu said the opposition has been making "baseless"
allegations against Yeddyurappa and asked them to await the
court verdict on cases filed against the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Assocham for penalty waiver in initial phase of GST rollout
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta