Centre asked to resolve dispute on extra flats in CWG village
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Tuesday asked the Centre and the DDA to resolve the dispute of alleged extra flats built by real estate major Emaar MFG in the Commonwealth Games village, coming in way of allocation of accommodation to buyers.
Justice G S Sistani asked the Urban Development Ministry secretary and the DDA vice chairman to convene a meeting with the builder to find a solution before August 9 so that the flats could be handed over to the buyers.
Expressing displeasure against DDA and the government over the delay in resolving the issue, the court said, "It has been more than a month since the matter came up before the high court and nothing has been sorted out."
"What is happening today is worse. The issue is going on and on...The buyers are thinking that the builder has taken them for ride," the court said and asked the senior officers to be present in the court on the next date of hearing on August 9.
The DDA has alleged the builder exceeded the Floor Area Ratio (FAR) by constructing some extra flats in the entire project in which 1,168 flats have been built in 34 towers.
The DDA has awarded completion certificates to 30 out of 34 towers in the residential complex, which has a total of 1,168 flats. These 30 towers have approximately more than 1000 flats.
The flat owners have moved the Delhi High court saying that even after one and a half year after the mega sporting event was held in October 2010, the people, who had purchased flats at the CWG village, have not got them.
The DDA earlier had withheld the completion certificates claiming that the developer, Emaar MGF, had exceeded the Floor Area Ratio (FAR) by constructing some extra flats. Due to the dispute over FAR, completion certificates were not awarded to any tower.
The agency has now withheld completion certificates for towers 5, 15, 26 and 28 till the row with Emaar MGF is over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview