Centre condemns killing of civilians in Jharkhand by Naxals
New Delhi: The Union Home Ministry has condemned the brutal killing of four innocent civilians by Maoists in Jharkhand.
On Thursday night, four persons, including a minor girl and a woman were brutally shot dead by the left ultras in Bundu area near Ranchi.
In a communiqué, the Home Ministry, has described the banned CPI (Maoists) as terrorists and assured that it will take stringent action against them.
"The Government strongly condemns such brutal acts of killing innocent civilians. We should be aware that the true face of the CPI (Maoist) is that of an organised group of terrorists. Govt will take strong action against the perpetrators of violence and terror," the communiqué states.
Describing the incident as showing the intention of Naxalites to indulge in violence to achieve their goal communiqué states “This incident shows the true face of the Naxalites who resort to indiscriminate and motiveless killing including the killing of innocent children to achieve the goal of their so-called ‘armed-struggle’. Such wanton killings are intended to instill fear in the minds of the common people.”
Meanwhile, no human rights activist groups, who have been said sympathetic to the Maoists cause, have protested the killings of these innocents. The incident has shocked the community as Maoists claim that they don`t target civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!