Centre condemns killing of civilians in Jharkhand by Naxals
New Delhi: The Union Home Ministry has condemned the brutal killing of four innocent civilians by Maoists in Jharkhand.
On Thursday night, four persons, including a minor girl and a woman were brutally shot dead by the left ultras in Bundu area near Ranchi.
In a communiqué, the Home Ministry, has described the banned CPI (Maoists) as terrorists and assured that it will take stringent action against them.
"The Government strongly condemns such brutal acts of killing innocent civilians. We should be aware that the true face of the CPI (Maoist) is that of an organised group of terrorists. Govt will take strong action against the perpetrators of violence and terror," the communiqué states.
Describing the incident as showing the intention of Naxalites to indulge in violence to achieve their goal communiqué states “This incident shows the true face of the Naxalites who resort to indiscriminate and motiveless killing including the killing of innocent children to achieve the goal of their so-called ‘armed-struggle’. Such wanton killings are intended to instill fear in the minds of the common people.”
Meanwhile, no human rights activist groups, who have been said sympathetic to the Maoists cause, have protested the killings of these innocents. The incident has shocked the community as Maoists claim that they don`t target civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!