Centre constitutes inter-ministerial group for drought
New Delhi: The Centre on Friday announced that an
inter-ministerial group has been set up under the Agriculture
Secretary T Nanda Kumar to review the implementation of
various decisions taken by the government to tackle drought.
Announcing the decision, Agriculture Ministry spokesman
Manoj Pandey said, the inter-ministerial group (IMG) yesterday
met and reviewed the situation.
He said the IMG would oversee that the decisions taken at
CCEA and GoM are implemented.
The met department has predicted that the September
rainfall will be good and well distributed except in Gujarat
and some parts of Rajasthan.
Agriculture Commissioner N B Singh said that Central
teams have visited all the drought-affected states barring
Nagaland. Till now, 11 states have declared 278 districts as
affected by drought. There are 339 districts in these 11
states, which include Maharshtra, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
Singh also said reports of the Central teams that visited
Bihar, Jharkhand and Manipur have been received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song