Centre constitutes inter-ministerial group for drought
New Delhi: The Centre on Friday announced that an
inter-ministerial group has been set up under the Agriculture
Secretary T Nanda Kumar to review the implementation of
various decisions taken by the government to tackle drought.
Announcing the decision, Agriculture Ministry spokesman
Manoj Pandey said, the inter-ministerial group (IMG) yesterday
met and reviewed the situation.
He said the IMG would oversee that the decisions taken at
CCEA and GoM are implemented.
The met department has predicted that the September
rainfall will be good and well distributed except in Gujarat
and some parts of Rajasthan.
Agriculture Commissioner N B Singh said that Central
teams have visited all the drought-affected states barring
Nagaland. Till now, 11 states have declared 278 districts as
affected by drought. There are 339 districts in these 11
states, which include Maharshtra, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
Singh also said reports of the Central teams that visited
Bihar, Jharkhand and Manipur have been received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon