Centre dismisses ULFA leader Paresh Barua`s arrest
Guwahati: Dismissing reports on the arrest of ULFA commander-in-chief Paresh Barua in Bangladesh, Union Home Secretary GK Pillai on Thursday said the government has no information about it.
"There is no information regarding Barua`s arrest," Pillai told a local news channel.
Senior intelligence and police officials also dismissed
the reports as a rumour.
"We have no information regarding Barua`s arrest and
reports appearing in a section of the media are only based on
rumours," intelligence sources told a news agency.
"It was highly unlikely that the ULFA leader would enter Bangladesh now after the arrest of the organisation`s chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa and other top leaders, as also the arrest of NDFB chief Ranjan Daimary," they said.
A section of media has reported that a person returning from a `business trip` to China has been held in Bangladesh and is suspected to be the ULFA commander-in-chief.
After the arrest of top ULFA leaders, Barua was reported
to have gone to China to buy arms and shuttled between ULFA
camps in Myanmar and Yunnan province of China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings