Centre dismisses ULFA leader Paresh Barua`s arrest
Guwahati: Dismissing reports on the arrest of ULFA commander-in-chief Paresh Barua in Bangladesh, Union Home Secretary GK Pillai on Thursday said the government has no information about it.
"There is no information regarding Barua`s arrest," Pillai told a local news channel.
Senior intelligence and police officials also dismissed
the reports as a rumour.
"We have no information regarding Barua`s arrest and
reports appearing in a section of the media are only based on
rumours," intelligence sources told a news agency.
"It was highly unlikely that the ULFA leader would enter Bangladesh now after the arrest of the organisation`s chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa and other top leaders, as also the arrest of NDFB chief Ranjan Daimary," they said.
A section of media has reported that a person returning from a `business trip` to China has been held in Bangladesh and is suspected to be the ULFA commander-in-chief.
After the arrest of top ULFA leaders, Barua was reported
to have gone to China to buy arms and shuttled between ULFA
camps in Myanmar and Yunnan province of China.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!