`Centre doing everything to express anger at strategic level`
Mumbai: Saying that the Centre was doing everything at the "strategic level" to express its anger about the killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani Army, Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari on Saturday said the incident was in violation of "rules of engagement".
"Government is doing everything at the strategic level to express its anger. We have said clearly that the incident is inhuman. The incident is in complete violation of the Geneva convention and rules of engagement," the Congress leader said here at a press conference.
"Government of India has articulated its position. Both Defence Minister and External Affairs Minister have made it clear that India has taken the entire incident extremely seriously," Tewari said.
He pointed out that Defence Minister AK Antony had gone to the extent of describing the incident as "a turning point" and said that diplomatic channels as well as other steps would be explored to take the matter to "rightful and logical conclusion".
About LeT founder and 2008 Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed`s challenge to the Indian government to prove that he was present near the Line of Control (LoC) a few days before the incident, Tewari said: "Home Minister has categorically stated that the government has conclusive evidence with regard to the presence of Hafeez Saeed in PoK."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah