`Centre doing everything to express anger at strategic level`
Mumbai: Saying that the Centre was doing everything at the "strategic level" to express its anger about the killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani Army, Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari on Saturday said the incident was in violation of "rules of engagement".
"Government is doing everything at the strategic level to express its anger. We have said clearly that the incident is inhuman. The incident is in complete violation of the Geneva convention and rules of engagement," the Congress leader said here at a press conference.
"Government of India has articulated its position. Both Defence Minister and External Affairs Minister have made it clear that India has taken the entire incident extremely seriously," Tewari said.
He pointed out that Defence Minister AK Antony had gone to the extent of describing the incident as "a turning point" and said that diplomatic channels as well as other steps would be explored to take the matter to "rightful and logical conclusion".
About LeT founder and 2008 Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed`s challenge to the Indian government to prove that he was present near the Line of Control (LoC) a few days before the incident, Tewari said: "Home Minister has categorically stated that the government has conclusive evidence with regard to the presence of Hafeez Saeed in PoK."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Apple buys health startup founded by Indian-origin duo
- SHOCKING! This film director wants to 'spit' on PV Sindhu's achievement in Rio Olympics
- Prakash Javadekar commits a blooper, says Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Patel, Subhas Chandra Bose were hanged
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan