Centre flexible to NE need: Agatha Sangma
Shillong: Claiming that enough money was
being provided to North-East, Union Minister of State for
Rural Development Agatha Sangma today said Centre is flexible
to the needs of the states of the region.
"There are different allocations for different states.
But the funds are enough. Several relaxations are also given
to the region," Sangma told reporters on the sidelines of a
She said every ministry allocates 10 per cent of their
funds to North East and Centre-state share for implementation
of the various schemes are as low as 90:10.
Only the hill states and those in the North East enjoy
such assistance, she said.
"On Total Sanitation Campaign, she said the scheme is
expected to be completed by 2012. We are trying to include all
communities and bring in the demand-driven approach in the
scheme. It is picking up well," she said.
Maintaining that the role of ministry is limited and
that it only assists state government in implementing various
schemes, Sangma claimed that transparency while implementing
the schemes was increasing due to formation of national-level
monitors, vigilance and monitoring committees as well as
application of the RTI Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof