Centre for CBI inquiry into NC Hills funds diversion scam
Guwahati: The Centre has advised the Assam
government to ask CBI to investigate the alleged financial
irregularities in the development funds sanctioned by the
Indian government for the North Cachar District Autonomous
Union Home Secretary GK Pillai told a local television
channel that the Centre has already written to the state
government advising it to entrust the matter to CBI for
probing into allegations of financial irregularities.
"The accounts of the NC Hills Autonomous Council have
not been audited properly for years which is a matter of
concern," Pillai said.
The NIA was asked only to investigate into a specific
case of links between militants and politicians and not
into the financial irregularities by the Council, he added.
The NIA too, had mentioned in the chargesheet filed in
November, that the matter be investigated by the CBI as
"involvement of public servants in NC Hills for
misappropriation of government funds and their criminal
misconduct, forgery etc has been revealed."
The chargesheet further stated that the matter is being
referred to the "Central government for investigation by the
CBI after obtaining necessary consent from Assam or
investigation by the Anti-Corruption branch of Assam Police."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Duleep Trophy: India Green v India Red - Yuvraj Singh flops; Sandeep Sharma bags 4
- Easy money is spoiling cricketers: Glenn McGrath
- Mouth-watering! World's 'longest' Vada Pao made in Gurgaon
- Hollande voices `concern` to Putin over Ukraine tension: Presidency
- Merger with Samajwadi Party difficult, can forge alliance: Mukhtar Ansari