Centre has no stand on Ayodhya issue: Moily
Mumbai: Union Law Minister Veerappa Moily
today said that the Government has no stand regarding the
effort of settlement between the rival parties to Ayodhya
"The Government has no stand on this," Moily told
reporters here while replying to a query whether the
Government supports proposal of settlement.
"The Central Government was only a statutory custodian of
the property (disputed site of Babri masjid). It was a title
suit... the Government of India was not a party to it," he
said. It was for the parties to settle the issue, Moily added.
Asked what would be the Centre`s stand if the matter
reaches the Supreme Court, the Law Minister said "its a
hypothetical question and I can`t predict what will happen."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!