Centre holds tripartite dialogue with ULFA
New Delhi: A tripartite meeting of Assam government representatives and ULFA leaders under the chairmanship of Union Home Secretary R.K Singh was held in New Delhi.
During the meeting, Singh reviewed the progress so far made in talks with ULFA.
After detailed discussion, it was decided to follow up on a few specific steps on some issues.
Singh said that he would take a meeting with the heads of various Central Ministries and Government of Assam in connection with the various issues raised by the delegation. Singh stated that he would hold a meeting in this connection very soon.
ULFA representatives requested that genuine grievances of the people of Assam need to be addressed on priority.
Union Home Secretary responded by emphasizing that Government attaches highest priority and importance to address the grievances of the people of the country including Assam.
It was also stated that additional measures need to be taken for effective guarding of Indo-Bangladesh Border to check illegal infiltration from across the border.
Singh also assured that effective measures were being taken in this regard which had helped to control the illegal influx and also that the additional measures, if required, would be taken.
ULFA delegation was led by its Chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa. PC Haldar ,Government of India``s Representative for peace talks and NK Das, Chief Secretary, Assam were also present in the meeting besides some other officials.
After the meeting with the Union Home Secretary here yesterday, ULFA delegation also met Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog