Centre, Maha govt fail to rein in Raj: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Sunday charged the Centre and Maharashtra government with failing to rein in MNS chief Raj Thackeray for his threat to throw Biharis out of Maharashtra.
"The MNS chief`s diatribes against Biharis pose a challenge to all governments to deal with a person who has been holding out threat to the migrant people. People have the constitutional right to live and work in any part of the country," he told reporters.
"It is the duty of the central government and the government of a state (Maharashtra) to take note of the conduct of a person like Thackeray and deal sternly with such elements," Kumar said.
Demanding strong action against the MNS chief, a visibly angry Kumar asked as to how the Centre and the Maharashtra government would deal with terrorism if they could not rein in a person like Thackeray.
He slammed Maharashtra government for not taking any action against Thackeray for his hate speech against Biharis and apparently allowing him to speak on its behalf to question Bihar government for protesting the arrest of one Abdul Qadir - an accused in desecration of the martyrs memorial in Mumbai last month - from his native Sitamarhi district by Mumbai Police without informing their local counterpart.
"Has the Mumbai police and the Mahashtra government outsourced governance to Thackeray?" he asked.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory