Centre moves HC over order on Global Vectra
New Delhi: The Centre on Wednesday moved the Delhi High Court challenging its single judge`s order staying aviation regulator DGCA`s direction for suspending the permit of Ravi Rishi-led aviation firm Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd (GVHL) to operate its fleet of choppers.
The Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) filed an appeal before the division bench headed by Acting Chief Justice A K Sikri asking the court to set aside the single judge`s interim order as "the firm`s operating permit was suspended after the home ministry raised security concerns."
The bench, also comprising Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw, posted the matter for September 27.
The aviation firm, belonging to the Ravi Rishi`s Vectra group, is the largest shareholder in Tatra Holdings owning the Czech truck manufacturer Tatra that is facing CBI probe for allegedly supplying trucks at exorbitant price to the Indian Army.
On May 7, the DGCA had suspended the firm`s operating permit after the home ministry raised security concerns. The government had also withdrawn the security clearance of Ravi Rishi.
In its appeal, the DGCA said "In the matter of security, the court should show restraint and consider the public interest as the primary issue and opinion of the appellants (DGCA and ministry of civil aviation) would not be substituted."
The plea further said "the single judge has failed to appreciate that there are two separate security clearances/NOC are required -one for the company and other is for the directors. In this case, the security clearances were withdrawn and consequent to such withdrawal the non-schedule operators permit issued to the Global Vectra by DGCA was suspended with the immediate effect under the provisions of aviation rules."
Allowing Global Vectra`s plea, the single judge in June had said that he did not find any material on record to justify the withdrawal of the firm`s security clearance by the home ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam