Centre must act against communal forces: Samajwadi Party
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Naresh Agarwal on Friday called for stringent action from the centre against those forces that had demolished the Babri Masjid.
Responding to the alleged sting operation conducted by Cobrapost, Agarwal said: "It is a well known fact that parties like the BJP and their sister concerns like the RSS, VHP were involved in pulling down the 16th century structure. I think that this calls for the central government to take action on this issue, given that the truth has come forward. If the Centre refuses to take action, it means they are soft on communal forces," Agarwal said.
An elaborate sting operation, conducted by Cobrapost on 23 key people of the Ram Janambhoomi movement, claims that the fall of the disputed 16th century structure on December 6, 1992, was elaborately planned by various wings of the Sangh Parivar and executed with precision by trained volunteers.
It wasn`t, as it is claimed, a case of mob frenzy going out of control, leading to the collapse of the Babri Masjid .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond