Centre must act against communal forces: Samajwadi Party
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Naresh Agarwal on Friday called for stringent action from the centre against those forces that had demolished the Babri Masjid.
Responding to the alleged sting operation conducted by Cobrapost, Agarwal said: "It is a well known fact that parties like the BJP and their sister concerns like the RSS, VHP were involved in pulling down the 16th century structure. I think that this calls for the central government to take action on this issue, given that the truth has come forward. If the Centre refuses to take action, it means they are soft on communal forces," Agarwal said.
An elaborate sting operation, conducted by Cobrapost on 23 key people of the Ram Janambhoomi movement, claims that the fall of the disputed 16th century structure on December 6, 1992, was elaborately planned by various wings of the Sangh Parivar and executed with precision by trained volunteers.
It wasn`t, as it is claimed, a case of mob frenzy going out of control, leading to the collapse of the Babri Masjid .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends