Centre not in favour of imposing ban on TV channels: Jatua
Kolkata: The Centre is not keen on
imposing any ban on the television channels as it believes in
self-control by them, Union Minister of State for Information
and Broadcasting CM Jatua said in Kolkata.
"The Centre is not in favour of imposing any kind of
ban and believes in self-control by the channels itself. A
monitoring mechanism is already in place", Jatua said after
visiting the prestigious Satyajit Ray Film and Television
Institute (SRFTI) here on Saturday.
The question came up following objection regarding
screening of some reality shows and serials on TV channels.
During the occasion, Jatua said opening of two more
streams, including one on acting in the institute was under
During his visit to the SRFTI, Jatua also inquired
about the Community Radio Station run by the Institute and
also met some of the students.
Institute chairman Buddhadeb Dasgupta, director
Swapan Mullick, faculty members and other officials welcomed
the minister who held a meeting with them on its management,
activities, achievement and future plans.
Two documentary films produced by the SRFTI were also
screened in honour of the minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing