Centre not in favour of imposing ban on TV channels: Jatua
Kolkata: The Centre is not keen on
imposing any ban on the television channels as it believes in
self-control by them, Union Minister of State for Information
and Broadcasting CM Jatua said in Kolkata.
"The Centre is not in favour of imposing any kind of
ban and believes in self-control by the channels itself. A
monitoring mechanism is already in place", Jatua said after
visiting the prestigious Satyajit Ray Film and Television
Institute (SRFTI) here on Saturday.
The question came up following objection regarding
screening of some reality shows and serials on TV channels.
During the occasion, Jatua said opening of two more
streams, including one on acting in the institute was under
During his visit to the SRFTI, Jatua also inquired
about the Community Radio Station run by the Institute and
also met some of the students.
Institute chairman Buddhadeb Dasgupta, director
Swapan Mullick, faculty members and other officials welcomed
the minister who held a meeting with them on its management,
activities, achievement and future plans.
Two documentary films produced by the SRFTI were also
screened in honour of the minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!