Centre providing patronage to terrorists: Singhal
Bhopal: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP)
international president, Ashok Singhal has charged the Central government of providing patronage to terrorists and maligning
"The Central government is providing patronage to
terrorists and trying to give Hindus a bad name," Singhal told
reporters here last night.
"Hindus in the country are being maligned in the name of
alleged involvement in terrorist activities," he said.
Singhal alleged that the BJP had politicised the Ram
Temple Movement following which both the movement and the
party had become weak.
"Because of this, people`s faith in the BJP has also
reduced," he said.
Expressing apprehension that the judgement on the
disputed Ayodhya land issue, which is expected in September,
could lead to unrest, he said that in his view, the High Court
may send it to Supreme Court.
The issue could be resolved only by getting an Act passed
by Parliament, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley