Centre releases Rs 6.28 crore for Amarnath Yatra
Jammu: The union ministry for health and family welfare has released Rs.6.28 crore to the Jammu and Kashmir government for developing adequate health-care infrastructure during Amarnath Yatra this year, a state minister said here Monday.
"Officials have been asked to ensure time-bound completion of necessary health-care infrastructure at designated points including two base camps at Pahalgam and Baltal, besides other camps enroute to the cave shrine," Minister of State for Health Shabir Ahmed Khan said.
He said that out of the total allocation of Rs.6.28 crore, Rs.1.95 crore have been sanctioned for purchase of pre-fabricated structures for setting up medical and emergency centres, while Rs.84 lakh would be spent on creating medical facilities at hospitals in Pahalgam and Baltal.
The minister added the union health ministry has also released Rs.54 lakh to provide incentives to medical professionals on duty during the pilgrimage.
Last year, over 100 people had died during the pilgrimage due to various health problems including cardiac arrest and other factors related to high altitude. The Amarnath cave shrine is located in south Kashmir mountains at a height of 13,500 feet.
This year`s pilgrimage will start June 28 from both Baltal and Pahalgam routes simultaneously, and culminate on Aug 21. The registration process of pilgrims will begin at 422 bank branches across the country March 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi