`Centre should not bow down before separatists`
Jammu: The Centre should not succumb to the
pressure of separatists and other parties in the case of
Parliament attacker Afzal Guru, the VHP unit of Jammu and
Kashmir said on Sunday.
"Guru should be hanged so that country clearly gives the
message of its tough stance against terrorism. The government
should not be cowed down by the statements of Kashmiri
separatists and mainstream parties in the Valley," state VHP
president Rama Kant Dubey told reporters here.
Besides Hurriyat Conference, mainstream political parties
NC and PDP has launched a propaganda against the death
sentence of Guru, Dubey alleged.
The Union Home Ministry has already recommended capital
punishment for Guru, but there are still fears to carry out
the hanging, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country