`Centre should not bow down before separatists`
Jammu: The Centre should not succumb to the
pressure of separatists and other parties in the case of
Parliament attacker Afzal Guru, the VHP unit of Jammu and
Kashmir said on Sunday.
"Guru should be hanged so that country clearly gives the
message of its tough stance against terrorism. The government
should not be cowed down by the statements of Kashmiri
separatists and mainstream parties in the Valley," state VHP
president Rama Kant Dubey told reporters here.
Besides Hurriyat Conference, mainstream political parties
NC and PDP has launched a propaganda against the death
sentence of Guru, Dubey alleged.
The Union Home Ministry has already recommended capital
punishment for Guru, but there are still fears to carry out
the hanging, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' memories strike back!