`Centre should not bow down before separatists`
Jammu: The Centre should not succumb to the
pressure of separatists and other parties in the case of
Parliament attacker Afzal Guru, the VHP unit of Jammu and
Kashmir said on Sunday.
"Guru should be hanged so that country clearly gives the
message of its tough stance against terrorism. The government
should not be cowed down by the statements of Kashmiri
separatists and mainstream parties in the Valley," state VHP
president Rama Kant Dubey told reporters here.
Besides Hurriyat Conference, mainstream political parties
NC and PDP has launched a propaganda against the death
sentence of Guru, Dubey alleged.
The Union Home Ministry has already recommended capital
punishment for Guru, but there are still fears to carry out
the hanging, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA's NEEMO 21 research mission begins, aquanauts splash down!
- Congress leader Digvijay Singh taken aback after seeing his name in Below Poverty Line list
- Gwen Stefani auditioned for 'Mr & Mrs Smith'
- WATCH: Fizz and fire! Mustafizur Rahman demolishes opposition on T20 Blast debut
- Burhan Wani protest: Curfew lifted from four districts of Kashmir Valley, parts of Srinagar