`Centre should not bow down before separatists`
Jammu: The Centre should not succumb to the
pressure of separatists and other parties in the case of
Parliament attacker Afzal Guru, the VHP unit of Jammu and
Kashmir said on Sunday.
"Guru should be hanged so that country clearly gives the
message of its tough stance against terrorism. The government
should not be cowed down by the statements of Kashmiri
separatists and mainstream parties in the Valley," state VHP
president Rama Kant Dubey told reporters here.
Besides Hurriyat Conference, mainstream political parties
NC and PDP has launched a propaganda against the death
sentence of Guru, Dubey alleged.
The Union Home Ministry has already recommended capital
punishment for Guru, but there are still fears to carry out
the hanging, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'