Centre should take steps to bring back black money: Swamy
Vijayawada: Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy on Sunday demanded that the Centre take steps to bring back the black money deposited in foreign banks.
"The Union government should take steps to bring back all Rs 70 lakh crore of black money deposited in foreign banks. If we get back the entire black money from foreign banks, the people of this country need not pay any kind of taxes for another fifteen years," he said at a function here.
He said that corruption should be rooted out, otherwise, "we will not grow. Corruption has become part of all sections and particularly in higher strata."
"The inefficient are purchasing the posts and seats with corruption which can be eliminated by the people only. In the future elections, the people will definitely defeat the corrupt politicians," he said.
He accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of failing to take strong decisions against "corrupt practices by the minister". Swamy said he will oppose Rahul Gandhi as Prime Minister even if the Congress get majority in next Lok Sabha elections.
He expressed hope that India will become a super power in the next five years. "We have enough youth force and they have to be trained and developed for better utilisation of their capacities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31