Centre submits report on former CJI Balakrishnan
New Delhi: The centre on Monday submitted to the Supreme Court the status report of the probe into allegations that close relatives of former chief justice KG Balakrishnan had amassed huge wealth during his tenure.
An apex court bench headed by Chief Justice SH Kapadia was given the report in a sealed cover by Attorney General G Vahanvati, who sought three more weeks for further investigations.
He told the court that there was evidence of some payments being made and it had to be investigated why they were made.
The court is hearing a public suit seeking a probe into the wealth acquired by Balakrishnan`s son-in-law and brother during his tenure.
Balakrishnan currently heads the National Human Rights Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered