Centre to act flexibly for infrastructure development: Moily
Guwahati: Union Minister for Law and Justice
Veerappa Moily on Saturday said that the Centre would act in a
flexible manner for implementation of the 13th Finance
Commission for upgrading judiciary infrastructure.
Moily told reporters after the regional meeting of
Chief Justices and state Law ministers of the seven North
Eastern states and Sikkim that the 13th Finance Commission has
earmarked Rs 5000 crore for upgradation of infrastructure of
the country`s judiciary.
"The Centre will act on it in a flexible manner after
getting the demands from the state governments and initiatives
have been already taken for upgradation of district court
infrastructure, training of judicial officers and proposed
setting up of Judicial Academies in different states," he
Referring to the setting up of E-Courts, the Law
minister said that more such courts would be set up for busy
disposal of cases and henceforth the Centre`s share would be
90 per cent and the state government`s share would be 10 per
cent only in setting up such courts.
The implementation of Gram Nayalaya programme launched
on October 2, 2009 was progressing well and the Law ministry
has taken special effort to popularise it in West Bengal.
The Law ministry had launched the programme for release
of undertrials on January 26, 2010 to provide relief to those
who are unable to secure bail due to poverty and so far
1,30,000 undertrials have been released, Moily added.
Regarding filling up of Judges in High Courts, Moily
said that 275 more judges were required throughout the country
and the Law ministry would respond adequately after it gets
recommendations from the Courts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever