Centre to give over 2000 JNNURM buses to Karnataka
New Delhi: The Centre has approved sanctioning of more than 2000 buses to Karnataka under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Renewal Mission (JNNURM) along with 20 buses for Bhatinda in Punjab.
The Urban Development ministry which plans to give 10,000 buses to different states, in the first meeting of the Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee (CSMC), constituted for the purpose, approved 2104 buses for Karnataka and 20 for Bhatinda.
This is the second round of allocations under the JNNURM scheme. The earlier round under which buses sanctioned to the states under JNNURM took place way back in 2009.
However, in the meeting held yesterday, the proposals received for sanctioning buses from Assam and Chhattisgarh could not be considered.
The request by Assam government for buses for Guwahati could not be sanctioned due to incomplete Detailed Project Reports, while there was no representative from Chhattisgarh so buses could not be sanctioned for Naya Raipur, a statement by the Urban Development Ministry said.
Urban Development Secretary Sudhir Krishna had announced in August that 10,000 buses would be allocated to states under the JNNURM scheme.
Speaking at the meeting yesterday, Krishna said that the current round of allocating buses has new features like sanctioning of bus depots, workshops, control centres, ITS system, etc to make the project sustainable.
Out of 10,000 buses, around 2000 buses have been set aside for the northeast and hilly areas. Tamil Nadu has requested for about 3000 city buses while Andhra Pradesh has placed request for nearly 1200 city buses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'