Centre to give special allowance to ITBP personnel
Itanagar: The Union Home Ministry is considering a proposal to give Uncongenial Area Allowance (UAA) to the personnel of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) deployed at 26 border out posts (BOPs) and import good quality clothing for them.
ITBP Director General RK Bhatia said here yesterday that an amount of two crore has been sanctioned by the government for procuring sophisticated equipment and gears for
the newly deployed battalions in Chhattisgarh for operations against Maoists.
In the advent of the force`s golden jubilee year, he said efforts are on to provide adequate accommodation to the troops personnel and their families at various locations under
public private partnership.
The DG, who visited forward posts of Tame Chung Chung and Taksing in Upper Subansiri district yesterday said the only demand of the jawans in the forward posts was provision of adequate sorties to bring in ration and equipments. He assured of necessary steps to ensure adequate number of sorties for the same.
"ITBP has projected for immediate consideration of the state government on the acquisition of land at Tawang for establishment of ITBP Battalion and to provide necessary funds for repair of log bridges, foot suspension bridges and
improvement of the porter tracks," he said.
Bhatia had also visited Ziro, Tama Chung Chung, Taksing forward post and Daporijo and during interaction with the post personnel, he assured to take necessary steps to
provide required number of sorties for dumping of rations and other equipments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says