Centre to give special allowance to ITBP personnel
Itanagar: The Union Home Ministry is considering a proposal to give Uncongenial Area Allowance (UAA) to the personnel of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) deployed at 26 border out posts (BOPs) and import good quality clothing for them.
ITBP Director General RK Bhatia said here yesterday that an amount of two crore has been sanctioned by the government for procuring sophisticated equipment and gears for
the newly deployed battalions in Chhattisgarh for operations against Maoists.
In the advent of the force`s golden jubilee year, he said efforts are on to provide adequate accommodation to the troops personnel and their families at various locations under
public private partnership.
The DG, who visited forward posts of Tame Chung Chung and Taksing in Upper Subansiri district yesterday said the only demand of the jawans in the forward posts was provision of adequate sorties to bring in ration and equipments. He assured of necessary steps to ensure adequate number of sorties for the same.
"ITBP has projected for immediate consideration of the state government on the acquisition of land at Tawang for establishment of ITBP Battalion and to provide necessary funds for repair of log bridges, foot suspension bridges and
improvement of the porter tracks," he said.
Bhatia had also visited Ziro, Tama Chung Chung, Taksing forward post and Daporijo and during interaction with the post personnel, he assured to take necessary steps to
provide required number of sorties for dumping of rations and other equipments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed