Centre to give special allowance to ITBP personnel
Itanagar: The Union Home Ministry is considering a proposal to give Uncongenial Area Allowance (UAA) to the personnel of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) deployed at 26 border out posts (BOPs) and import good quality clothing for them.
ITBP Director General RK Bhatia said here yesterday that an amount of two crore has been sanctioned by the government for procuring sophisticated equipment and gears for
the newly deployed battalions in Chhattisgarh for operations against Maoists.
In the advent of the force`s golden jubilee year, he said efforts are on to provide adequate accommodation to the troops personnel and their families at various locations under
public private partnership.
The DG, who visited forward posts of Tame Chung Chung and Taksing in Upper Subansiri district yesterday said the only demand of the jawans in the forward posts was provision of adequate sorties to bring in ration and equipments. He assured of necessary steps to ensure adequate number of sorties for the same.
"ITBP has projected for immediate consideration of the state government on the acquisition of land at Tawang for establishment of ITBP Battalion and to provide necessary funds for repair of log bridges, foot suspension bridges and
improvement of the porter tracks," he said.
Bhatia had also visited Ziro, Tama Chung Chung, Taksing forward post and Daporijo and during interaction with the post personnel, he assured to take necessary steps to
provide required number of sorties for dumping of rations and other equipments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city