Centre to launch housing scheme for urban poor: Selja
Dharamsala: The Centre is launching a housing scheme for urban poor under which the states can ask for any amount, given they provide land for the scheme, Union Minister of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation Kumari Selja said here on Friday.
Regarding the funding for the Rajiv Awas Yojna, the minister said money shall be no bar in this scheme.
She said the Himachal Pradesh government was very slow in utilisation of funds sectioned to it under various development schemes as it failed to provide the land for the same.
The centre is funding the hill state on 90 percent grant on most of the schemes, Selja said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley