Centre to launch housing scheme for urban poor: Selja
Dharamsala: The Centre is launching a housing scheme for urban poor under which the states can ask for any amount, given they provide land for the scheme, Union Minister of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation Kumari Selja said here on Friday.
Regarding the funding for the Rajiv Awas Yojna, the minister said money shall be no bar in this scheme.
She said the Himachal Pradesh government was very slow in utilisation of funds sectioned to it under various development schemes as it failed to provide the land for the same.
The centre is funding the hill state on 90 percent grant on most of the schemes, Selja said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!