Centre to launch housing scheme for urban poor: Selja
Dharamsala: The Centre is launching a housing scheme for urban poor under which the states can ask for any amount, given they provide land for the scheme, Union Minister of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation Kumari Selja said here on Friday.
Regarding the funding for the Rajiv Awas Yojna, the minister said money shall be no bar in this scheme.
She said the Himachal Pradesh government was very slow in utilisation of funds sectioned to it under various development schemes as it failed to provide the land for the same.
The centre is funding the hill state on 90 percent grant on most of the schemes, Selja said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'