Centre to launch housing scheme for urban poor: Selja
Dharamsala: The Centre is launching a housing scheme for urban poor under which the states can ask for any amount, given they provide land for the scheme, Union Minister of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation Kumari Selja said here on Friday.
Regarding the funding for the Rajiv Awas Yojna, the minister said money shall be no bar in this scheme.
She said the Himachal Pradesh government was very slow in utilisation of funds sectioned to it under various development schemes as it failed to provide the land for the same.
The centre is funding the hill state on 90 percent grant on most of the schemes, Selja said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says