Centre to launch housing scheme for urban poor: Selja
Dharamsala: The Centre is launching a housing scheme for urban poor under which the states can ask for any amount, given they provide land for the scheme, Union Minister of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation Kumari Selja said here on Friday.
Regarding the funding for the Rajiv Awas Yojna, the minister said money shall be no bar in this scheme.
She said the Himachal Pradesh government was very slow in utilisation of funds sectioned to it under various development schemes as it failed to provide the land for the same.
The centre is funding the hill state on 90 percent grant on most of the schemes, Selja said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university