Centre to take new initiatives for popularising Ayush
Kolkata: The health ministry would give special thrust to foster growth of Ayush (ayurveda, yoga, unani, siddha and homeopathy) during the 12th plan period, Minister for Health and Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad said on Saturday.
"The acceptance of homoeopathy and other alternative therapies are growing both in India and abroad. The government will take special measures to encourage growth of these line of treatments during the 12th plan," Azad said at the launch of book `Banerji Protocols` authored by father-son duo Prasanta Banerji and Pratip Banerji.
Azad said that most health ministers of the world were now willing to collaborate with the India to know more about homoeopathy and ayurveda.
He said that the government had taken a decision to co-locate allopathy and other forms of medicines like Ayush in the same hospital where people would be able to exercise their choice of treatment.
"It is a useful co-existence of both allopathy and Ayush," the minister said. The Centre had provided a grant-in-aid of Rs 553 crore for development of homoeopathy, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what