Centre to take new initiatives for popularising Ayush
Kolkata: The health ministry would give special thrust to foster growth of Ayush (ayurveda, yoga, unani, siddha and homeopathy) during the 12th plan period, Minister for Health and Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad said on Saturday.
"The acceptance of homoeopathy and other alternative therapies are growing both in India and abroad. The government will take special measures to encourage growth of these line of treatments during the 12th plan," Azad said at the launch of book `Banerji Protocols` authored by father-son duo Prasanta Banerji and Pratip Banerji.
Azad said that most health ministers of the world were now willing to collaborate with the India to know more about homoeopathy and ayurveda.
He said that the government had taken a decision to co-locate allopathy and other forms of medicines like Ayush in the same hospital where people would be able to exercise their choice of treatment.
"It is a useful co-existence of both allopathy and Ayush," the minister said. The Centre had provided a grant-in-aid of Rs 553 crore for development of homoeopathy, he added.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her