Centre to take new initiatives for popularising Ayush
Kolkata: The health ministry would give special thrust to foster growth of Ayush (ayurveda, yoga, unani, siddha and homeopathy) during the 12th plan period, Minister for Health and Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad said on Saturday.
"The acceptance of homoeopathy and other alternative therapies are growing both in India and abroad. The government will take special measures to encourage growth of these line of treatments during the 12th plan," Azad said at the launch of book `Banerji Protocols` authored by father-son duo Prasanta Banerji and Pratip Banerji.
Azad said that most health ministers of the world were now willing to collaborate with the India to know more about homoeopathy and ayurveda.
He said that the government had taken a decision to co-locate allopathy and other forms of medicines like Ayush in the same hospital where people would be able to exercise their choice of treatment.
"It is a useful co-existence of both allopathy and Ayush," the minister said. The Centre had provided a grant-in-aid of Rs 553 crore for development of homoeopathy, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees