Centre upgrades Narendra Modi`s security
New Delhi: The Centre has upgraded Narendra Modi`s security by ensuring an advance fool-proof drill for the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate wherever he visits ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The move will ensure that Modi`s rally venues will be sanitised the way it is done for the SPG protectees like Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress Vice President (rpt) Vice President Rahul Gandhi and former Deputy Prime Minister L K Advani.
This drill, called Advance Security Liaison (ASL) in which Modi`s security entourage ensure anti-sabotage checking, will sanitise the venue well in advance in close coordination with local police, official sources said.
Besides, door frame metal detectors will be installed in each of the entry point of the venues and multi-layered frisking will ensure that every visitor is throughly checked with hand-held metal detectors.
Every minute of Modi`s itinerary will be documented in writing by the police of the state which will host him and will be monitored by officials from the state government and other security agencies.
The move came after multiple blasts rocked Modi`s rally in Patna on Sunday that has claimed six lives and injured more than 80.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had, however, ruled out providing SPG security to Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes