Centre upgrades Narendra Modi`s security
New Delhi: The Centre has upgraded Narendra Modi`s security by ensuring an advance fool-proof drill for the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate wherever he visits ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The move will ensure that Modi`s rally venues will be sanitised the way it is done for the SPG protectees like Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress Vice President (rpt) Vice President Rahul Gandhi and former Deputy Prime Minister L K Advani.
This drill, called Advance Security Liaison (ASL) in which Modi`s security entourage ensure anti-sabotage checking, will sanitise the venue well in advance in close coordination with local police, official sources said.
Besides, door frame metal detectors will be installed in each of the entry point of the venues and multi-layered frisking will ensure that every visitor is throughly checked with hand-held metal detectors.
Every minute of Modi`s itinerary will be documented in writing by the police of the state which will host him and will be monitored by officials from the state government and other security agencies.
The move came after multiple blasts rocked Modi`s rally in Patna on Sunday that has claimed six lives and injured more than 80.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had, however, ruled out providing SPG security to Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what