Centre will study Gujarat`s housing model
New Delhi: The BJP-led NDA government, which has affordable housing for all as one of its objectives, will study the Gujarat model of housing for poor, Union Minister of Housing and Poverty Alleviation M Venkaiah Naidu said here Tuesday.
Earlier, Naidu had said that affordable housing for all by 2020 is his top priority.
"Gujarat is a pioneering state which is giving affordable housing to the poor in partnership with the private sector, urban local bodies, and the project developers," he said after meeting Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel here.
In the meeting with Patel, he assured her that the issue of incomplete projects under JNNURM will be studied in detail since the scheme ended on March 31.
The Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) was a United Progressive Alliance government`s flagship urban modernisation programme.
"He also assured that the proposal of Ahmedabad Metro would be sent for approval to the (centre) cabinet as soon as the Gujarat government completes the necessary formalities on its part," the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje