Centre writing to states for setting up special CBI courts
Chennai: The Centre is writing to states for setting up special CBI courts across the country, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanasamy said on Monday.
"I have written letters to the states and the process is in
progress," Narayanasamy, who is also Minister of State for
Department of Personnel, told a news agency.
Inaugurating the new headquarters of the premier agency
in Delhi on April 30, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had said
government will set up 71 additional special courts for
dealing with cases entrusted to the CBI.
"I am told that 64 of these have now been sanctioned but
only 16 are operational," Singh said adding, he had asked
Narayanasamy to pursue the matter with the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing