Centre writing to states for setting up special CBI courts
Chennai: The Centre is writing to states for setting up special CBI courts across the country, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanasamy said on Monday.
"I have written letters to the states and the process is in
progress," Narayanasamy, who is also Minister of State for
Department of Personnel, told a news agency.
Inaugurating the new headquarters of the premier agency
in Delhi on April 30, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had said
government will set up 71 additional special courts for
dealing with cases entrusted to the CBI.
"I am told that 64 of these have now been sanctioned but
only 16 are operational," Singh said adding, he had asked
Narayanasamy to pursue the matter with the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit consequences: India well prepared to deal with it, says FM Jaitley
- Two Delhi minor girls raped in Uttarakhand
- Does Deepika Padukone's red hot avatar at IIFA 2016 remind you of Angelina Jolie at Oscars? See inside
- Brexit knocks off Rs 1.8 trillion from Indian stock market wealth
- Brexit impact: RBI will provide liquidity wherever necessary, says Raghuram Rajan