Centre writing to states for setting up special CBI courts
Chennai: The Centre is writing to states for setting up special CBI courts across the country, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanasamy said on Monday.
"I have written letters to the states and the process is in
progress," Narayanasamy, who is also Minister of State for
Department of Personnel, told a news agency.
Inaugurating the new headquarters of the premier agency
in Delhi on April 30, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had said
government will set up 71 additional special courts for
dealing with cases entrusted to the CBI.
"I am told that 64 of these have now been sanctioned but
only 16 are operational," Singh said adding, he had asked
Narayanasamy to pursue the matter with the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...