Centre`s clean chit to VK Singh on Tejinder`s contempt plea
New Delhi: The Centre on Monday told the Delhi High Court that the issuance of an allegedly defamatory press release against Lt Gen (Retd) Tejinder Singh by then Army Chief VK Singh and four other serving Army officers does not attract any "disciplinary action."
"Having examined the petitioner`s (Tejinder Singh) representation and the reply of the former Chief of Army Staff (COAS), the disciplinary authority had arrived at the view that the direction issued by the former Chief of Army Staff for issuance of the impugned media clarification on March 5, 2012 does not attract disciplinary action and as such the representation of the petitioner has been disposed off," an affidavit filed by Defence Secretary RK Mathur said.
According to the Centre`s compliance affidavit, the former COAS had said he had directed the officers to issue the press release.
During the hearing, Additional Solicitor General Rajeeve Mehra told Justice SK Misra that the compliance affidavit has been filed by Mathur on behalf of Defence Minister AK Antony and former Defence Secretary SK Sharma who was recently appointed as CAG.
Earlier, the court had issued a show-cause notice on a contempt plea of Tejinder Singh that despite the judicial order, the Centre and other authorities failed to act against ex-Army Chief and others who had allegedly issued defamatory press release against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America