`Centre`s failure on price rise has snatched peoples` meal`
Ahmedabad: Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj on Saturday alleged the Centre`s failure in checking the price rise has resulted in snatching the common man`s meal.
"On the one hand, the government at the Centre is neck deep into corruption and on the other...Sustained price rise has made the common man`s life miserable...How can people run their homes amidst a soaring price rise scenario," Swaraj said while addressing a poll rally at Chandkheda area here.
"We also ruled for six years at the Centre but never committed the sin of snatching away common man`s meal," she claimed.
"People reeling under price hike faced another blow when the government brought in FDI in retail," Swaraj said charging the decision would adversely impact four crore small shopkeepers directly who never demand a penny from the government.
"They have brought in FDI to render them jobless," she alleged adding that as such, BJP was not against bringing FDI in India but not in sectors like multi-brand retail.
The BJP leader said election is a time to pat the back of those who had done good work. "At the same time, it is an opportunity to teach a lesson to non-performing ones," she added.
"I hope you all will teach a befitting lesson to Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh by voting Narendra Modi to power for the third time in a row," Swaraj said drawing parallels between the Centre`s rule and Modi`s governance.
"The agriculture growth rate of Gujarat is over 11 percent, far ahead of the national average of three percent or so," Swaraj said.
Showering praises on Modi, Swaraj said his good governance has proved that there was no anti-incumbency factor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?