CERT-In to look into cyber attacks affecting I-T dept, banks
New Delhi: The government`s top cyber security
arm has initiated a probe into complaints of I-T department,
banks and other financial bodies who have reported a spurt in
cyber attacks and fake mails, which was affecting their
The Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In)
CERT-In, a technical and cyber security department
under the Ministry of Communications and Information
Technology, is the nodal agency to analyse and respond to
cyber attacks and intrusions into the country`s information and
These agencies have asked the CERT-In to arm them with
pro-active measures so that they can prevent phishing attacks
as huge monetary transactions are involved and also recover
any lost data.
"The CERT-In is working on incident reports sent by
the I-T department and various banks who have complained about
phishing attacks on their servers and in one case, even the
facsimile of a banking institution was stolen and used for
fraudulent purposes," a source said.
While banks have reported about "fraudulent entities"
interacting with their customers to share passwords, account
details and PIN numbers to the CERT-In, the I-T department and
its directorates have reported fake mails sent to taxpayers
and have also asked for securing passwords used by income tax
officials, especially handling refunds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly