Certain anti-Naxal ops failed due to officer`s conduct: CRPF
New Delhi: The leakage of operational information of CRPF allegedly by a detained officer of the force to the Maoists, had led to failure of certain anti-Maoist actions in Bihar, the chief of the paramilitary force said on Friday.
Bihar police had yesterday booked the Assistant Commandant (AC) rank officer of the country`s leading anti-Naxal operations force in Gaya and arrested another private person in the same case.
"The Bihar DGP told me that he (the officer in question) was talking to militants over phone and they have intercepted his conversations. He also told me that due to this, certain operations against Naxals failed or could not bring out the desired success," Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) chief Dilip Trivedi told.
"The DG of the state police told this to me and I have no reasons not to believe him," he said.
Trivedi said senior force officers are questioning the officer, identified as S K Yadav of 159th battalion, to elicit his side of the story and other details of his purported liaisons with Naxal groups.
Bihar police sources had claimed that the officer was leaking out vital information like the composition of patrol parties, raid plans and the fire power of troops to Naxals.
This is the first time that any officer of the paramilitary force has come under scanner for suspect conduct vis-a-vis Maoist links.
The officer is a young recruit and he joined the paramilitary force in 2009.
He hails from Bihar and was posted in Gaya.
The case was cracked by the Special Task Force (STF) of Bihar police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened