Certain anti-Naxal ops failed due to officer`s conduct: CRPF
New Delhi: The leakage of operational information of CRPF allegedly by a detained officer of the force to the Maoists, had led to failure of certain anti-Maoist actions in Bihar, the chief of the paramilitary force said on Friday.
Bihar police had yesterday booked the Assistant Commandant (AC) rank officer of the country`s leading anti-Naxal operations force in Gaya and arrested another private person in the same case.
"The Bihar DGP told me that he (the officer in question) was talking to militants over phone and they have intercepted his conversations. He also told me that due to this, certain operations against Naxals failed or could not bring out the desired success," Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) chief Dilip Trivedi told.
"The DG of the state police told this to me and I have no reasons not to believe him," he said.
Trivedi said senior force officers are questioning the officer, identified as S K Yadav of 159th battalion, to elicit his side of the story and other details of his purported liaisons with Naxal groups.
Bihar police sources had claimed that the officer was leaking out vital information like the composition of patrol parties, raid plans and the fire power of troops to Naxals.
This is the first time that any officer of the paramilitary force has come under scanner for suspect conduct vis-a-vis Maoist links.
The officer is a young recruit and he joined the paramilitary force in 2009.
He hails from Bihar and was posted in Gaya.
The case was cracked by the Special Task Force (STF) of Bihar police.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!