C`garh administration targeting CPI cadres: D Raja
New Delhi: CPI on Sunday alleged that the
Chhattisgarh administration was targeting its cadres in
Dantewada district by branding them as Maoists and demanded
the Centre to initiate action against guilty people.
The CPI demanded the Home Ministry to "question the
Chhattisgarh Government`s role in targeting the party and
arresting its elected leaders and cadres".
Party`s national secretary D Raja also sought action
against SSP Dantewada S R P Kalluri, alleging that hundreds of
CPI supporters were attacked by the "administration" on
November 25 while taking out a rally to register their protest
against police atrocities.
He alleged that 12 of its prominent leaders in the state
have also been subjected to attacks on various occasions both
by the state and the central police.
"CPI strongly condemns the brutal attacks. The way the
state and the central security forces act against the
legitimate function of party like CPI poses a grave threat to
the democratic polity of the country," he said.
Raja said the state government and the Centre had failed
to understand the differences between the political workers of
CPI and the Maoists.
"In a way, the state administration and the security
forces are using the Maoist cover to attack a genuine
recognised political party like CPI which has been working
among tribal people for long protecting their interest and
welfare," he said.
Raja also demanded that arrested leaders and cadres of
the party be released immediately and cases registered against
them be withdrawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: BJP's Rita Padole, Ravi Landge win from Amravati and Pimpri Chinchwad seats