Chaitra Poornima celebrations underway
New Delhi: Hindus in large numbers converged on Thursday at temples in New Delhi to celebrate the birthday of Hanuman.
Chaitra Poornima, the full moon day in the month of Chaitra, it is the birthday of Lord Hanuman. Since morning devotees are visiting the temple to offer prayers.
Devotees celebrate the festival by praying and chanting hymns in praise of Lord Hanuman and offering flowers and sweets at the age-old temple.
Later in the day, Bhandaras (community kitchens) would be organized and religious offerings would be served to the devotees and poor people.
Talking to a reporter, Shrawan Kumar Gupta, a devotee, praised Lord Hanuman and added that he fulfilled everyone`s wishes.
"I have been coming here for the past fifteen years and I have faith in Lord Hanuman. I am blessed by the Lord. I have got whatever I wished for. I pray that the Lord fulfils everyone wishes," said Gupta.
Lord Hanuman is a symbol of vitality and strength. He is also believed to help devotees get rid of evil influences.
In Ramayana, Hanuman helped his master Lord Rama to annihilate the kingdom of Sri Lanka headed by Ravana, who had kidnapped his wife Sita and enabled her rescue.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Pakistan has received Letters Rogatory in Pathankot case: Minister
- Interlinking rivers only solution to drought: Government
- VVIP chopper scam: Govt to seek CBI report, blacklist AgustaWestland; Sonia Gandhi rejects allegations against her
- Pakistani fanatics heckle, show shoe to Kabir Khan at Karachi airport - Watch
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore