Chamel Singh`s body to arrive from Pakistan in few days: J&K Govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Minister of State for Home Sajjad Kichloo on Thursday said the mortal remains of the Indian prisoner Chamel Singh, who died in custody in Pakistan jail, is expected to arrive in few days.
"The mortal remains of Chamel Singh is expected to arrive from Pakistan in few days--Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has already taken the issue with Union Home Ministry", Kitchloo told reporters here today.
"We are in touch with the Indian Government, which is discussing the matter with the Pakistan High Commission in Islamabad", Kichloo said.
Chamel Singh- a resident of Pargwal border belt of Jammu district died under mysterious circumstances in Lakhpat Jail of Lahore in January this year. Chamel had ignorantly crossed over to other side near his border hamlet in 2008.
Replying to the question about the Union Home minister`s statement that formal request from state government has not come for revocation of AFSPA, he said "no request has been made--the issue was not discussed in the State Cabinet".
About the security situation, he said that situation is under control and it is being monitored by the government.
Regarding the ban of the cable TVs news and Internet, he said it is precautionary measure.
On security scenario in the backdrop of Hyderabad blasts, Kichloo said, "security in all the shrines across the state have been beefed up and vigil is being maintained."
He however, ruled out any threats of attacks on religious places in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown