Chandrababu in preventive custody for staging sit-in
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday asked the government
to make public the "secret" chapter of the Srikrishna report
on Telangana and said the issue of bifurcation of Andhra
Pradesh needs a political solution.
"The controversy surrounding chapter 8 of the report is
curious. This chapter, for various obvious reasons, is being
referred to as the `secret report` or `the note` or the
`supplementary note`...we demand that this chapter be made
public, in the larger interest of the nation," BJP
spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said here.
Chandrababu, who reached Devarakadra market-yard today
morning, interacted with farmers to know the hardship they
were facing in selling paddy.
He said, "Farmers are facing trouble only because the
state is being headed by an inept Chief Minister Kiran Kumar
Reddy who lacked any administrative experience."
The party organised road blockades across the state on
the same issue. Supporters of Telangana tried to disrupt the
TDP president’s programme, but were stopped by the police.
Later, Chandrababu staged a sit-in on the road at
Maganuru as part of demonstrations over the paddy MSP issue.
Police took him into custody and shifted to Krishna police
station at Makhtal and was let off subsequently.
At Anasagaram village in Krishna district, farmers
unloaded heaps of paddy on the National Highway and set them
on fire to register their protest. TDP MLA Devineni
Umamaheswara Rao, who led this agitation at Gollapudi near
Vijayawada, was arrested.
The TDP protests continued in other districts that
resulted in traffic snarls for several hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Two years of Modi govt: Hope has replaced hopelessness under NDA rule, says PM
- Assam Board SEBA Class 10th Examination Results 2016: SEBA HSLC Results 2016, Assam HSLC Result 2016 to be declared on May 31
- BJP's Assam MLA Angoorlata Deka's viral 'picture': You will be SHOCKED to know the truth!
- Countdown begins! 'Housefull 3' a week away from release, know who all Jacqueline Fernandez will miss!
- Riteish Deshmukh pays tribute to father on 70th birth anniversary!