Chandrababu in preventive custody for staging sit-in
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday asked the government
to make public the "secret" chapter of the Srikrishna report
on Telangana and said the issue of bifurcation of Andhra
Pradesh needs a political solution.
"The controversy surrounding chapter 8 of the report is
curious. This chapter, for various obvious reasons, is being
referred to as the `secret report` or `the note` or the
`supplementary note`...we demand that this chapter be made
public, in the larger interest of the nation," BJP
spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said here.
Chandrababu, who reached Devarakadra market-yard today
morning, interacted with farmers to know the hardship they
were facing in selling paddy.
He said, "Farmers are facing trouble only because the
state is being headed by an inept Chief Minister Kiran Kumar
Reddy who lacked any administrative experience."
The party organised road blockades across the state on
the same issue. Supporters of Telangana tried to disrupt the
TDP president’s programme, but were stopped by the police.
Later, Chandrababu staged a sit-in on the road at
Maganuru as part of demonstrations over the paddy MSP issue.
Police took him into custody and shifted to Krishna police
station at Makhtal and was let off subsequently.
At Anasagaram village in Krishna district, farmers
unloaded heaps of paddy on the National Highway and set them
on fire to register their protest. TDP MLA Devineni
Umamaheswara Rao, who led this agitation at Gollapudi near
Vijayawada, was arrested.
The TDP protests continued in other districts that
resulted in traffic snarls for several hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says