Chandrababu Naidu breaks fast
Hyderabad: TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday finally broke his eight day long fast after he was forcibly shifted the ICU of the hospital where he is being kept here.
It is not yet known if he got any assurance from the state government on increasing the compensation package for farmers whose
crops have been damaged in the recent rains in the state.
Naidu broke the fast by taking a glass of coconut water following intervention by CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat, CPI general secretary A B Bardhan, JD (U) chief Sharad Yadav, RLD president Ajit Singh and other leaders who prevailed upon him to end the fast.
"Your battle is over. It is now our job to launch a powerful movement at the national to take the struggle for farmers forward," Karat and the others told Naidu when they met at NIMS this evening.
The TDP, Left and other parties decided to organise a massive farmers` rally at Guntur soon as part of their struggle.
Naidu’s health condition remained stable this morning as
doctors at a hospital continued to administer intravenous
fluids to the fasting leader.
Sources in the Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences
said Naidu`s blood pressure and pulse rate, which had become a
cause for concern last evening forcing doctors to forcibly
administer IV fluids to him, was normal this morning.
"We are still administering IV fluids but he is still
refusing to take any liquid diet," a senior doctor attending
on the Leader of Opposition, had said.
In a related development, TDP and Left workers tried
to storm the state Secretariat this morning demanding
immediate justice to farmers. They came in a rally from the
Assembly to lay siege to the Secretariat.
But police blocked the TDP MPs, MLAs and senior
leaders midway at Ravindra Bharati and took them into custody.
This led to heated argument between the leaders and police.
TDP MP Nandamuri Harikrishna, senior MLAs M
Narasimhulu, Nagam Janardhana Reddy, former Union Minister K
Yerran Naidu and others were among the scores of protestors
taken into custody.
They were then shifted to Goshamahal stadium.
MLAs Payyavula Keshav, Amarnath Reddy, MP M Venugopal
Reddy and senior MLA Errabilli Dayakar Rao, however, reached
the Secretariat with another large group of protestors but
police locked all the entrance gates.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India