Chandrababu requests President to halt bifurcation
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu on Thursday requested President Pranab Mukherjee to halt the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh till the Union Government talked to all stakeholders and found an amicable solution acceptable to all sides.
The TDP chief met the President at Rashtrapati Nilayam here this evening and discussed the bifurcation issue for over 40 minutes.
"The Centre is going ahead with the division process in total violation of the Constitution of India. It is also violating the Supreme Court judgement in the S R Bommai case and unilaterally and arbitrarily using Article 3 of the Constitution.
"This never happened in the creation of any other state in the country," the former Chief Minister told the President.
Briefing newsmen about his interaction with the President, Chandrababu said both sides (Telangana and Seemaandhra) were totally unhappy over the draft AP Re-organisation Bill 2013.
"The draft Bill has been prepared in a haphazard manner. Both sides are totally unhappy over the Bill," he said.
The Group of Ministers, constituted by the Centre to work out the modalities for the bifurcation, did not even care to visit Andhra Pradesh, he said. "Whom did the GoM talk to sitting in New Delhi? We wanted solution to a problem but it created many new problems."
How could the Centre boss over the state`s water resources, he asked.
He also found fault with the Centre`s move to make
Hyderabad a common capital. "Is it not a violation of the Constitution? How could all powers be vested with the Governor?" he said.
The ruling party was only looking at political gains in the entire bifurcation process, he said.
"Congress is in a match-fixing deal with the TRS and the YSRC to destroy the Telugu community and gain political mileage," he alleged.
"I explained all this to the President and sought his intervention as an elder statesman with rich political experience. He responded sympathetically," Chandrababu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam