Chandrababu scoffs Rahul Gandhi`s portrayal as PM nominee
Guntur: Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday scoffed at demands emanating from some quarters that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi be made the party`s prime ministerial nominee in 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"I wonder how can a bachelor..Like Rahul Gandhi be projected as the prime ministerial candidate of Congress for the upcoming elections?" Naidu said.
Addressing a gathering as part of his ongoing "self-respect" bus tour in Telangana region, the former chief minister termed Rahul as a person who is slow at learning.
Naidu said that YSR Congress Party has no existence of its own but merely an extension of the Indian National Congress. "At the best YSRCP can be termed as an infant Congress," he said.
He alleged that Congress was seeking merger of K Chandrasekhara Rao-led Telangana Rashtra Samiti with it in a bid to save itself from extinction it faces in the political scene panning out post the division of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa