Chandraswamy predicted Margaret Thatcher would be PM
London: Indian godman Chandraswamy had reportedly told Margaret Thatcher when she was the opposition leader that she would become Britain`s prime minister.
According to Daily Mail, Chandraswamy sat barefoot in the lotus position in Thatcher`s Commons office during a secret meeting soon after she became leader of the Tory opposition in 1975.
She was so impressed with his apparent powers that she agreed to his request to wear a special red dress and a battered ¬talisman around her wrist to a second meeting.
The report cited a claim that Chandraswamy correctly predicted that she would come to power within four years and remain there for over a decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected
- Houthi rebels form Supreme Council to govern Yemen