Chandraswamy predicted Margaret Thatcher would be PM
London: Indian godman Chandraswamy had reportedly told Margaret Thatcher when she was the opposition leader that she would become Britain`s prime minister.
According to Daily Mail, Chandraswamy sat barefoot in the lotus position in Thatcher`s Commons office during a secret meeting soon after she became leader of the Tory opposition in 1975.
She was so impressed with his apparent powers that she agreed to his request to wear a special red dress and a battered ¬talisman around her wrist to a second meeting.
The report cited a claim that Chandraswamy correctly predicted that she would come to power within four years and remain there for over a decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire