Change in mindset required: Sushma Swaraj on Delhi rape case
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Saturday expressed shock at the brutal rape of a five-year-old in Delhi.
Speaking exclusively to Zee Media, Sushma said, "There is a need for change in mindset, otherwise no one will feel safe in Delhi."
Referring to a top police official assaulting a women protester on Friday, the Leader of opposition in Lok Sabha said, "Wasn`t the policeman ashamed of slapping the girl protester?"
"We had thought after the Nirbhaya rape case that there will be change. But, I am saddened that the situation has become even worse," the BJP leader said. "Girl child or grown-up women, nobody is safe," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH