Change in mindset required: Sushma Swaraj on Delhi rape case
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on Saturday expressed shock at the brutal rape of a five-year-old in Delhi.
Speaking exclusively to Zee Media, Sushma said, "There is a need for change in mindset, otherwise no one will feel safe in Delhi."
Referring to a top police official assaulting a women protester on Friday, the Leader of opposition in Lok Sabha said, "Wasn`t the policeman ashamed of slapping the girl protester?"
"We had thought after the Nirbhaya rape case that there will be change. But, I am saddened that the situation has become even worse," the BJP leader said. "Girl child or grown-up women, nobody is safe," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter