`Change in school curriculum based on constitutional values`
New Delhi: HRD Minister Kapil Sibal on Thursday
said the school curriculum would be modified keeping in view
the constitutional values.
"We will bring changes to the school curriculum. The
changes will be made to make education more exciting for the
children," he said.
The government had changed the curriculum in school
education in 2005 when it brought out the National Curriculum
Framework (NCF) which gave a broad guideline on what should be
Sibal said more consultations will be taken up in this
direction. "We aim to have the new curriculum in place before
next year," Sibal said.
The Right to Education Act also speaks of curriculum
Sibal said a new curriculum will be developed on the
line for teachers education also. The government has prepared
a draft framework, articulating the vision of teacher
education. The framework says that student-teachers should be
provided opportunities for self-learning, assimilation and
articulation of new ideas.
Gandhi said Centre and Congress would do everything to
ensure full rights to the suffering Tamils in neighbouring Sri
"We know our Tamil brethren in Sri Lanka are suffering a
lot and the Government, Prime Minister Manmohan Singhji,
Soniaji and myself will do everything in our power to ensure
full rights to Tamils there," Gandhi said here.
Stating that wherever Tamils went "they made us (India)
proud and we would stand up for the Tamil people", he said
his father, late Rajiv Gandhi had special place for Tamils in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'