`Change in school curriculum based on constitutional values`
New Delhi: HRD Minister Kapil Sibal on Thursday
said the school curriculum would be modified keeping in view
the constitutional values.
"We will bring changes to the school curriculum. The
changes will be made to make education more exciting for the
children," he said.
The government had changed the curriculum in school
education in 2005 when it brought out the National Curriculum
Framework (NCF) which gave a broad guideline on what should be
Sibal said more consultations will be taken up in this
direction. "We aim to have the new curriculum in place before
next year," Sibal said.
The Right to Education Act also speaks of curriculum
Sibal said a new curriculum will be developed on the
line for teachers education also. The government has prepared
a draft framework, articulating the vision of teacher
education. The framework says that student-teachers should be
provided opportunities for self-learning, assimilation and
articulation of new ideas.
Gandhi said Centre and Congress would do everything to
ensure full rights to the suffering Tamils in neighbouring Sri
"We know our Tamil brethren in Sri Lanka are suffering a
lot and the Government, Prime Minister Manmohan Singhji,
Soniaji and myself will do everything in our power to ensure
full rights to Tamils there," Gandhi said here.
Stating that wherever Tamils went "they made us (India)
proud and we would stand up for the Tamil people", he said
his father, late Rajiv Gandhi had special place for Tamils in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know