Change of responsibility, a natural process: BJP Chief
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh, who
is not averse to quitting his post, on Tuesday, said that change of
responsibility was a natural process and he would work with
seniors to reach a consensus on his successor.
"Change of responsibility is a natural process. My term
is nearing an end and a new president has to take the
responsibility," he told reporters here.
Indicating that his successor would be chosen by
consensus, Singh said change of guard in BJP happens
The outgoing BJP President said he would soon hold
consultations with top party leaders on the issue.
"I hope this process will be completed very soon," Singh
"BJP will grow from strength to strength," he merely said
when asked whether the party would readmit Uma Bharti and
Kalyan Singh who have reportedly given hints of coming back to
The new president can be elected only when polls to 50
per cent of the state units are completed. As of now, this
seems unlikely before December 31.
Sources close to Singh said in case the process runs into
February or March, the BJP chief is unlikely to wait that
Singh was elected as party president on November 26, 2006
and may treat that as the deadline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview