Change of responsibility, a natural process: BJP Chief
New Delhi: BJP President Rajnath Singh, who
is not averse to quitting his post, on Tuesday, said that change of
responsibility was a natural process and he would work with
seniors to reach a consensus on his successor.
"Change of responsibility is a natural process. My term
is nearing an end and a new president has to take the
responsibility," he told reporters here.
Indicating that his successor would be chosen by
consensus, Singh said change of guard in BJP happens
The outgoing BJP President said he would soon hold
consultations with top party leaders on the issue.
"I hope this process will be completed very soon," Singh
"BJP will grow from strength to strength," he merely said
when asked whether the party would readmit Uma Bharti and
Kalyan Singh who have reportedly given hints of coming back to
The new president can be elected only when polls to 50
per cent of the state units are completed. As of now, this
seems unlikely before December 31.
Sources close to Singh said in case the process runs into
February or March, the BJP chief is unlikely to wait that
Singh was elected as party president on November 26, 2006
and may treat that as the deadline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- African nationals targetted: Delhi cops arrest five persons, detain four others
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!
- Celebs slam AIB's Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar! – Details inside