Changes in Union Cabinet natural, says Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday saw as natural the changes in the Union Cabinet that has witnessed P Chidambaram moving to Finance and Sushilkumar Shinde to Home.
"This is Prime Minister`s prerogative after Pranab Mukherjee`s election as President. Naturally there was a vacancy in the Finance Ministry so the changes have been effected"," party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said.
Chidambaram was today made the Finance Minister as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh effected a minor reshuffle in portfolios in the Union Cabinet, necessitated by the exit of Pranab Mukherjee last month.
According to the announcement, Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde is the new Home Minister in place of Chidambaram.
Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily was given the additional charge of Power Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players