Changes in Union Cabinet natural, says Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday saw as natural the changes in the Union Cabinet that has witnessed P Chidambaram moving to Finance and Sushilkumar Shinde to Home.
"This is Prime Minister`s prerogative after Pranab Mukherjee`s election as President. Naturally there was a vacancy in the Finance Ministry so the changes have been effected"," party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said.
Chidambaram was today made the Finance Minister as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh effected a minor reshuffle in portfolios in the Union Cabinet, necessitated by the exit of Pranab Mukherjee last month.
According to the announcement, Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde is the new Home Minister in place of Chidambaram.
Corporate Affairs Minister M Veerappa Moily was given the additional charge of Power Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’