Chardham yatra affected by landslips
Dehradun: Chardham yatra was on Monday affected as monsoon woes continued in Uttarakhand with roads to the famous Himalayan shrines remaining blocked by debris falling from hillsides following landslips.
Rishikesh-Kedarnath National Highway was blocked at Kakda and Kund. Rishikesh-Badrinath Highway was shut at Lambagad, the Gangotri Highway at Gangnani and the Yamunotri Highway at Vadiya, Salai bend Junglechatti and Paligad.
Besides, 19 motor roads in the rural areas of Rudraprayag district, 30 in Chamoli and 42 in Pauri district also remained clogged at a number of places.
The Border Road Organisation and PWD were busy clearing the roads till the latest news arrived.
Ganga river in Haridwar is flowing at 292.70 metres, precariously close to the danger level mark at 294 metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors