Chardham yatra affected by landslips
Dehradun: Chardham yatra was on Monday affected as monsoon woes continued in Uttarakhand with roads to the famous Himalayan shrines remaining blocked by debris falling from hillsides following landslips.
Rishikesh-Kedarnath National Highway was blocked at Kakda and Kund. Rishikesh-Badrinath Highway was shut at Lambagad, the Gangotri Highway at Gangnani and the Yamunotri Highway at Vadiya, Salai bend Junglechatti and Paligad.
Besides, 19 motor roads in the rural areas of Rudraprayag district, 30 in Chamoli and 42 in Pauri district also remained clogged at a number of places.
The Border Road Organisation and PWD were busy clearing the roads till the latest news arrived.
Ganga river in Haridwar is flowing at 292.70 metres, precariously close to the danger level mark at 294 metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog